Sunday, January 27, 2013

Herb Baked Butternut Squash

Herb Baked Butternut Squash

This recipe is simply amazing! The first time around I added a little to much of the spices but this time around I used less to my preference and they were so yummy! One recipe I am really happy I came across!

 

Ingredients:

  • 1 butternut squash
  • Olive oil
  • Garlic powder
  • Marjoram
  • Parsley
  • Onion Powder
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
 
 
First cut your butternut squash in half. I only used one half for the recipe since that was enough for our meal. I saved the other half and made again a few days later. If both halves are too much you can freeze the left overs for another meal. 

 
Gut out the seeds and gunk from the squash. Once you are done with that you will need to peel off the skin.


 
Once you have it peeled, cut the squash into 1/4" slices. If you want them in smaller chucks after you cut the slices you can cut them into chunks. It all depends on your preference.
 

 
I like to have mine cut in chunks. After you are done cutting them up, arrange them on a cooking sheet. Spray them with olive oil and sprinkle the seasonings on. I lightly sprinkled the herbs but went with my own preference of how much I wanted on.
 
 
Put in the over for 30 min at 350F

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment