Thursday, January 31, 2013

Benefits of Coconut Oil

People that know me know I am completely OBSESSED with coconut oil and all its uses! I have done some research on all the benefits and thought I would share them with you!

So I completely made a mistake this time around about bought the refined organic coconut oil EKKK! Thank goodness I realized this before cooking with it. So I use it for other purposes. Make sure when you buy it that it is virgin organic coconut oil if you plan on consuming it! :)

 
 
Did you know that coconut oil  is a/an :
 

 Anti-inflammatory
 Antimicrobial
 Antifungal
 Antiviral
 and also Improves nutrient absorption
 
 
 
Here are uses I have found for coconut oil!
 
 
  • Cooking- It's a clean oil to use in recipes and cooking. Just make sure it isn't refined. Organic virgin is what you want to use 
  • Pre-shave – coconut oil applied before shaving will coat your skin and prevent damage that shaving causes. 
  • Deodorant – You can use it as a natural deodorant. Use alone or with baking powder.
  • Stretch Mark Cream – It will help with minimizing the appearance.
  • Chapstick –  It contains a lil SPF...I apply this to my lips all the time to keep them nice and soft.
  • Moisturizer I use this on my face and neck daily! Not only is it good for moisture but it is a benefit for preventing wrinkles and fine lines! I even have oily skin and have no break out problems from it.
  • Make up remover – I LOVE LOVE how well this removes makeup! I use it on a daily basis and is one of my favorite uses. It take that stubborn mascara off with ease! Apply some on a cotton round and watch it's magic!
  • Skin problems – coconut oil relieves skin problems such as psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema. Those little bumps on the back of your arms and on your legs this is a great remedy to get rid of them.
  • Hair Conditioner/Deep Treatment – use as a leave in hair conditioner, I take some and rub my hands and fingers together and then run my fingers through my hair midway down to the ends distributing it evenly. Make sure you don't put it on your roots unless you are wanting to deep condition then you keep it on your hair overnight with a shower cap and shampoo it out in the morning. 
  • Massage Oil – apply and rub!
  • Lubricant – it is an all natural, perfectly safe personal lubricant. Do not use with latex!
  • Nipple Cream – works great to nourish cracked, sore, or dry nipples. Apply to a cotton ball and leave on your nipples between feedings.
  • Healing – apply a thin layer on scrapes and cuts to protects the wound from outside dust, bacteria and virus. It speeds up the healing process of bruises by repairing damaged tissues.
  • Diaper Rashes – Applying a think layer on the bum creates a protective shield for a sensitive toosh to heal the rash.
  • Digestion – the saturated fats in coconut oil have anti-bacterial properties that help control, parasites, and fungi that cause indigestion and other digestion related problems such as irritable bowel syndrome. The fat in coconut oil also aids in the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, making you healthier all around
  • Alzheimer's - There have been studies shown with a consumption of 3-4 TBS a day that patients have seen an improvement with Alzheimer's.
  • Oil Pulling -  Taking a TBS spoon and swishing in your mouth for 20 minutes everyday and it detoxes the body. It's said by doing this it makes your teeth whiter and helps with tooth sensitivity, decreases body puffiness and helps with weight loss, Shiny hair, promotes healthier hair and nails. I haven't tried this method but will be trying this out and let you all know how it works!
There are many more uses for coconut oil that you can find from this link below. Im sure there are many more uses out there that aren't on both of these lists! Natural is GOOD!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment